How do I become a Hoops Care International Volunteer?
(Please note all volunteers must be at least 18 years old and speak English)
1. Fill out the application at the end of this document. Send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org (Download volunteer_application)
2. Once you are accepted make your deposit to reserve your space:
You should pay the deposit of $100 per person to the Barclays Bank account to reserve your place. (Please note that starting in December 2011 the deposit increases to $150). Participants make balance payment of their fees within 18 hours after their arrival in Ghana. It is payable in US Dollars, Ghana Cedi, Euros or British pounds equivalent.
Bank info: (please include your name on the transfer)
Beneficiary: Hoops Care International
Acct Number: 0371082239
Bank Name: Barclays Bank
Bank Address: Cape Coast, Ghana
Swift Code: BARCGHAC
3. Sign and return via email the by-laws agreement document that is sent to you with your acceptance.
4. Purchase or reserve your plane ticket, get the required vaccinations, obtain travel medical insurance and a tourist visa for Ghana (please see FAQ section for information on obtaining a visa).
5. Email your flight information to email@example.com so that we can arrange for you to be picked up at the airport!
We sincerely appreciate your interest in our organization and hope that you will join us in our endeavours. Your time in Ghana will not only be beneficial for the children, youth and women but an amazing learning experience for you as well!
HOOPS CARE INTERNATIONAL CENTRAL HEADQUARTERS GHANA is easy to find in the Cape Coast metropolis. We can be located in the Amanful Community right after the speed ramp before the Methodist Church. We are about 300 meters from the Savoy Hotel.
Our Phone numbers in Ghana are:
00 233 33 213 1599 (Office)
00 233 24 500 6675 (mobile 24/7)
HOOPS CARE INTERNATIONAL
P.O. Box AD1165
Cape Coast, Ghana
Tel: 00 233 3321 31599
FOR ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME PRIOR TO DEPARTURE please contact Alfred Davies (volunteer coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
*You must be 18 years of age and speak English in order to participate in our volunteer programme!